Monday 9 April 2012

Earth day ( Sunday 22nd April 2012)

Did you know it was Earth Day on 22nd of this month ? I have to confess that I didn't. But I had an e-mail asking if I would share this information (below)with my readers.

I am more than happy to especially if any of you are living close enough to take part in this plant swap and bee keeping event. We all need bees especially us gardeners, in fact they are essential for so much we take for granted. Not only the beauty of our flowers but also our food.

So here is the info about the plant swap, unfortunately it is in London, but if you are near enough I'm sure it will be a good day.
 
Melvita are celebrating with a unique Plant Swap Event on Earth Day (Sunday 22 April 2012) at the Covent Garden and Putney stores.  For a small £1 donation, customers are invited to bring along their plants to swap at the store and take part in a fun day out that celebrates nature and a healthy urban environment. City bee experts, Capital Bee, will provide beekeeping workshops on how to keep bees and how to generate a bee-friendly environment in your garden, balcony or window box. There will also be complimentary skincare consultations and masterclasses throughout the day, including Melvita’s honey-based product demonstrations.
 
Funds raised on the day will go towards Pur Projet, specifically funding the installation of Beehives in Peru for the Queehua people. Also, throughout Earth Month, for every box of Royal Jelly Ampoules (£16.00) sold – a delicious, best-selling supplement derived from honey-bees - Melvita will be donating £1 to fund the expansion of their City Apiary (located on the rooftop of the Covent Garden store).
 
With the global initiative Melvita Foundation firmly established, the brand is committed to the promotion of organic farming and the protection of bees in the eco system.  As a global leader in organic skincare, Melvita is passionate about having “nature at the heart” of its ethos.
 
If any of you go I would love to hear about it. I am hoping to go myself if I happen to be in London that Sunday.

2 comments:

Pam's English Garden said...

Dear Maureen, How I wish I could come to your plant swap ... such a good cause! Sorry I don't get to visit your blog as often as I would like lately. Where are the years going? P. x

Maureen said...

Dear Pam, It does seem like a good idea doesn't it. I have to admit though I have never heard of Earth day before or even the shop in Covent Garden that is organising it. I thought it worthy of a mention on my blog though. I am always willing to share links on my posts that are for a good cause or have good savings.
I hope you and your family are well.
M x