Friday 13 March 2009

My Garden has declared it's Spring !

These are photo's I took around the garden today. I guess it must be Spring ! The little Viola below has made it all through the terrible Winter and is blooming as though it's summer. The heather is beautiful this year and surrounds my Buddha. The little tete a tete Narcissus was a surprise, I don't remember putting them there, but I may have emptied a pot last year and planted them, I certainly don't recall them being there before. The forsythia is always a welcome sight each Spring and is right outside my kitchen window and has a bright yellow double "Kerria" beside it.
The "Tartiflette" I cooked last night was delicious, I took some step by step pictures and will post it soon with the recipe. You may like to try it as it's filling especially with a salad.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the heather behind the budda. So beautiful.

Maureen said...

Thank you Daphne. I love Heathers they can be so useful for colour in the garden even in the winter.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, Maureen. Do you think we can say Spring is really here? I really do hope so.
P x

Maureen said...

Pam, I really think it is here, the signs are everywhere. I daresay we will get a few more frosts though, so we have to be vigilant for a few more weeks.

Anna said...

Some sure signs of spring Maureen and the forecast for the weekend looks promising. Happy gardening :)

Tessa said...

I think you can declare spring! Sure looks like your garden is off to a great start. I love the Forsythia :)