'ALLOTMENT HEAVEN' An Allotment blog - a journey in allotmenteering which began in February 2008.
Wednesday, 16 September 2009
I've been tagged.
I have been tagged by Kella she has passed on this 'You are a good Read' award for which I am very grateful, thank you Kella. It's always nice to know that what I write is of interest to others, even though in the beginning when I began my blog I really only did it for future reference for myself and to be able to look back and see what I have achieved.
Anyway where was I ? oh yes ! part of receiving this award is that I have to write 10 things about myself, here in public on this blog !!! so here goes.
1. The most important thing in my life is my family. My daughter, two son's and my four grandchildren and of course my husband. We did good and are truly blessed.
2. I hate time keeping, and I know that I drive a lot of people insane (especially previous bosses) because I hardly ever look at the time, never wear a watch and I am truly very laid back about the whole time keeping thing. ( I never let anyone down though)
3. I am passionate about anything that I take on in life, be it a craft project, my allotment (very passionate about that) my garden, a college course, a worthy cause.
4. I would truly do anything for anyone within my power that wasn't illegal or morally wrong.
(I sound like 'Mother Teresa' )
5. I detest prejudice of any kind and wish that we could all be judged as people rather than white, black, yellow, or by our race or religion, or disabilities.
6. I love being with babies and small children, they are so innocent and interesting and have an unconditional love, and cuddles in bed in the morning with the smaller grandchildren are worth waking up for.
7. I always have 'to do lists' on the go much to everyone's amusement, my two son's are list people as well (must be hereditary) not that I always get the 'to doo's' done.
8. I go to bed far too late, and would love to change that.
9. I love being a wife, mother, grandmother, housewife. A true Cancerian -I love my home and garden, I love to cook and feed family and friends. ( such a domestic Goddess !! ha ha)
10. PHEW AT LAST. I LOVE sunny days, being with friends, family gatherings, beautiful flowers, a good film, a good book, rain running down the window when I am cosy inside, a good laugh it's better than a tonic. Pottering in my garden.
Well that wasn't too bad, I thought it would take me days to write this and that 10 things would be hard to think of. Now I just have to pass this award on, so I am going to pass it to:
I started this blog in November 2008. I didn't know where it would go or even if I would keep at it. But here I am now into April 2014 and still blogging and enjoying it. I still remember the excitement when I got my first comment, and now I even have followers, amazing !! I also follow and read a lot of brillient blogs and have made some lovely friends in the blogging world.
It's also very useful keeping a diary about my allotment and it serves as a personal record of my achievements and of my failures. In fact when I re-read some of my older entries it makes me wonder how I managed back then to find the time to get the allotment plot up to the planting and growing stage, but I did and I grew a great variety of vegetables and fruit in my first year, and it's just got better.
If you are dropping by please feel free to leave a comment or a link to your blog, or just say hello or even e-mail me.
You may like to visit my other blog as well which is about my crafts and recipies. click on the link below.
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with the golden and silver light The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half-light, I would spread the cloths under your feet But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams beneath your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...